Simba the Leonberger

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kelly 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

carrick1987

My name is Simba, I am a 14-month-old Leonberger (lion/grizzly bear) and I am incredibly friendly! I live with 2 Chihuahuas; Bella and Lordy – my big brother & sister, I love them very much! Bella and Lordy have recently had pups too so I’m also the proud Uncle of 3 baby Chihuahuas too! I am currently competing in the ITV2 series Top Dog Model and have somehow made it to the final 6!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

carrick1987

My little nephews and me..!

Attachments:

kelly

Hi and thank you so much for entering into our Dog of the Month Competition, Simba is certainly a very handsome dog.  Check out our facebook page as we will announce Septembers winner on there http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dogtimes/153643788107021

Congratulations for getting through to the final 6 on ‘Britain’s next top dog mode’l – would you be willing to let us know what its like to go on a TV programme I am sure all our dog lovers would love to know what its like – how exciting !

Isla Faye1

Beautiful dog :)

rich86

Simba is so cute! Looks so soppy I could just squeeze him! Is he as large as he looks?
    Does he take a lot to look after?

nathan

What a beautiful friendly dog!

carrick1987

Hi guys! Thanks for welcoming me to your site, and for your kind comments! Things are a little crazy for us at the minute – people are even recognising us whilst out on walks etc – it’s insane, but Simba absolutely loves the attention and meeting other dogs!

The Leonberger breed IS absolutely amazing, the best breed I’ve ever come across! They are the cutest puppies and such striking adults. Now comes the big HOWEVER… they are by no means an easy breed to bring up (as you’ve seen on the show lol). They aren’t always friendly and playful though, they require lots of time, attention and consistency with training and discipline. You need to be around to do this.

Simba is adorable, cute and fluffy – but please ensure that anyone interested does their research before registering interest. Responsible and experienced owners only, please. If you don’t put the time and effort in, controlling a 70+kg dog can potentially be impossible and in some cases dangerous – and the dog will suffer!

Hope you all enjoy the show tonight if you’re watching, I’m nervous lol.

Kind regards,

Dan and the Big Boy Simba!

carrick1987

Ha, Rich86 – he is definitely as large as he looks, ha! This was taken in March… HE GOT BIGGER!

Attachments:

kelly

Great advise, thanks for taking the time to give us an update……………we are routing for Simda on top dog model :)

carrick1987

Sorry – only just had chance to check back! Final 4 now – who’d of thought eh?! Even I’m still in shock! So pleased we got to do the water task – my proudest moment and I’m so proud of how the pics came out. Working with Seth was one of the best experiences of my life, and Simba loved him to bits! Hope you all have a good weekend and lots of nice walks! We’re off to Diva Dogs Day on Sunday with some of our TDM pals – hopefully Simba will fit in ok and avoid bites on the nose off the little ones! Thanks for your continues support! Fingers crossed for next week!

Attachments:

carrick1987

Maybe see some of you there?? Would be nice to meet you up.

kelly

Hi I hope Diva Dogs was a good show, we couldnt make it but are planing on going to East of  England Autumn show with Maxx our Collie cross who is entered into the ‘golden oldie crossbreed class’ if you are in the area – come over and say hi!

kelly

xxx WELL DONE SIMBA FROM US AT DOGTIMES WE WERE VERY PROUD OF YOU FOR WINNING TOP DOG MODEL xxx

carrick1987

Aww, thanks a lot Kelly! Still can’t believe it – and the appearance on Jonathan Ross was just incredible!

Attachments:

kelly

Hi, would you mind if I use that photo in our newsletter? Enjoy your fame :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.